Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 239 - Goodbye Gravel Road - Next road to adventure!



This has been a difficult decision for us......moving to town. The peacefulness of the country rural life is the anchor that kept us here for so long. But with two teenagers and no access to town in the winter, the decision was already set in stone. 




Our daily travels to and from town on the long gravel road, gave us the opportunity to wind down, reflect on our day, our family and each other. 



Oats growing in a neighboring field. Scott stopped the truck so I could get a closer look. No, I have never seen oats growing! 


I Love Red Barns.....

...and White Barns especially when Tiger Lily's grow wild all around.


Breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!






Corn for miles in every direction!







I don't know what I am going to miss more , the farm house, or the gravel road!


Our new view from our place in town, Our Neighbor Jim has a garden and he lets me play in it!!! 


John has become quite a gardener...helping Jim with his gardening!!!

From my kitchen window....isn't it lovely????



Summer bugs and flowers go hand and hand.



Front porch pretties!



So good-bye gravel road, farmhouse and cornfields.....we are making room for our next adventure and I have a feeling it's going to be a great road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment